The Kick Start Lonoke Executive Committee has set a date for the next Community Meeting, to be held Thursday evening, September 29 at 6:00 pm. The meeting will be held in the community room of Lonoke County Museum at 215 E. Front Street.
The key focus for this month’s meeting will be the introduction of the Advanced Year team’s Initial Impressions report publication, and the analysis of the Community Survey results.
On the agenda, the team from UCA and U of A Cooperative Extension will facilitate the following:
- Present the complete version of the Advanced Year Team’s Initial Impressions report (the final form of the material presented in the August 4 meeting)
- Discussion of the key points on the Kick Start Lonoke timeline and summary of what to expect in the coming months
- Explanation of the “Breakthrough Solutions Model” that will be the basis for the work ahead
- Review and discuss results of the Community Survey
- Conduct discussions that will involve all participants to providing input on the major priorities and concerns that emerge from the survey results
- Vote to identify top priorities that will establish the basis for the Action Teams that will form in the October meeting.
Please make plans to attend. If the Jr. High Homecoming game poses a scheduling conflict, please contact one of your Executive Committee members prior to or following the meeting to obtain meeting materials and learn how to participate on an Action Team.
Kick Start Lonoke grew out of a visit to Lonoke and report from the 2016 Advanced Year Community Development Institute Team, a collaboration between UCA’s Center for Community and Economic Development and the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service Breakthrough Solutions Program.